Some people have had a mild skin irritation from using products containing Icaridin, such as Moskito Guard®, although this is very uncommon.11,12
However, Moskito Guard® may cause substantial but temporary eye injury in rare cases. Do not apply to eyes, lips or wounded skin. If contact with eyes occurs, hold the eye open and rinse gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Contact a Poison Control Centre or a medical professional for treatment advice.
In the event of a skin reaction, wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling, returning indoors, and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco. Discontinue use and consult a medical professional if irritation or rash occurs.
If swallowed, contact medical professional or Poison Control Centre immediately for treatment advice. Sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a Poison Control Centre or a medical professional.13